Ugrás a tartalomhoz Lépj a menübe
 


meeting in Dömsöd

2012.02.20

Local exhibition

Kovács László collected the local exhibition which is in the library. Through this we can see the life of the villagers.

Petőfi Museum

 

The museum is as old as Petőfi himself. It was built in 1823 and the walls, the beams the doors – except one door – and the windows are the same. There is the museum in the building since 1960. There we can see documents, reproductions about the poet and his family in four rooms.

Petőfi loved to be here with his friend Pálffy Albert. He wrote a few verses here.

There is a local exhibition in the building where we can see collections since 1860 and the turn of the century.

There is an other building in the yard. Back to Petőfi’s time that building was Mrs Kukucska’s. This lady collected herbs and she dried them and stored them here.

In this building there is Bazsonyi Arany - she died 13th October 2011 – and Vecsési Sándor exhibition since 22nd September 2001.

It has been a tradition in the museum yard since 1966 named Zenés Nyári Esték – Musical Summer Evenings.

 

Petőfi tree

 

This beautiful oak tree stands next to the

Danube for more than 356 years.

The legend says Petőfi wrote a few poems here.

In the 1970s a huge storm broke off a big branch.

Polyák Ferenc carved Petőfi and his parents from it.

 

churches:

 

This historic building the reformed church was built in 1775. It was built for two years.

The church in Dab finished in 1803 but the Church tower was finished in 1824.

The Baptist church exists since 1890.          The inhabitants helped to finish it in 1995.

The Catholic Church was built in 1928 because most of the population is reformed.

Budapest

 

Parliament:

 

The unicameral body consists of 386 members elected to 4-year terms.

The history of the Hungarian legislative goes back to the 15th century Diet of Hungary, which was also called Országgyűlés in Hungarian. Insofar today's parliament can be called "Diet" as well, but uses the term "National Assembly" in English in order to differentiate between today's republican assembly and the one during the monarchy.

 

Ethnographic Museum

 

It was founded as the Ethnographic Department of the Hungarian National Museum in 1872. Its first director was John Xantus de Vesey.

It formally split from the National Museum in 1947 but moved to its building in Kossuth Square, opposite the Parliament building, only in 1973.

The grand building in which the Museum of Ethnography is now housed was originally built by Alajos Hauszmann for the Ministry of Justice

 

Mátyás church

 

Matthias Church (Hungarian: Mátyás-templom) is a church located in Budapest, Hungary, at the heart of Buda's Castle District. According to church tradition, it was originally built in Romanesque style in 1015. The current building was constructed in the florid late Gothic style in the second half of the 14th century and was extensively restored in the late 19th century. It was the second largest church of medieval Buda and the seventh largest church of medieval Hungarian Kingdom.

 

Fishermen Bastion

 

The Halászbástya or Fisherman's Bastion is a terrace in neo-Gothic and neo-Romanesque style situated on the Buda bank of the Danube, on the Castle hill in Budapest, around Matthias Church. It was designed and built between 1895 and 1902 on the plans of Frigyes Schulek. Between 1947–48, the son of Frigyes Schulek, János Schulek, conducted the other restoration project after its near destruction during World War II. From the towers and the terrace a panoramic view exists of Danube, Margaret Island, Pest to the east and the Gellért Hill. Its seven towers represent the seven Magyar tribes that settled in the Carpathian Basin in 896.

 

Marzipam Museum

 

It was opened in 1985. It’s next to the Mátyás Church and the Fishermen Bastion. The pastry shop offers cafe, sandwiches and ice cream to the visitors.

 

Hero’s Square

 

Hősök tere (meaning "Heroes' Square" in Hungarian) is one of the major squares of Budapest, Hungary, rich with historic and political connotations. It lies at the end of Andrássy Avenue. Hősök tere is surrounded by two important buildings, Museum of Fine Arts on the left and Palace of Art (or more accurately Hall of Art) on the right. 

 

Ráckeve

         

Open air market

We can spend hours here andenjoy the view of the Danube, the fresh vegetables, fruit and delicioussausages.It opens on Wednesday and on Saturday.

Catholic Church

It was built in 1791-92. It was reconstructed since that time. The saint Anthony altar was finished around 1800. The Nepomuki saint John altar was made in the beginning of the XIXth century. Patay László Munkácsy awarded artist painted the inside walls.

Serbian Church

In the 15th century many Serb refugees came from the South, fleeing the invasions of the Ottoman Turks. In this time, the settlement was called Kiskeue, that is to say "Kiskeve" in modern Hungarian. Kiskeve means "Little Keve" in English

The Greek Orthodox Church of Ráckeve was made in the 15th century. It’s beautifully decorated with its Gothic ornaments, windows, ridges, and supported walls.

Savoyai Castle

In 1698, after the expulsion of the Turkish, the whole of Csepel Island (Csepel-sziget), and thus Ráckeve too, became the land of the victorious Prince Eugene of Savoy. The new landlord had his mansion built in this settlement   

Kéve folk dance group

The dance group work in Ráckeve since 1983. They were awarded in 2008. During these year hundreds of children and young ones learnt lots of things about the folk dance and they loved to be part of the group.

They had uncountable performances where they made the folk dance popular. They showed the national treasure richness.

They represented Ráckeve, Pest county and Hungary in native and foreign festivals.

János Vitéz statue

The hero János based on a young man who lived here in Ráckeve. Petőfi wrote his story. Summertime it is a gorgeous fountain in its nice surroundings.

Szent István statue

Rátonyi József made this tall granite statue in 2000. It shows our first king István – Stephen. He wears a long cope. In his hands there are gold plated sceptre, apple and the crown on his head.

It was made from public subscription.

 

 

Varga ranch

 

The beautifu ranch is in the middle of the puszta.

To see the “puszta ten” is a spectacular sight.

The horse show and the gray cows herd give you memorable experiences.